No.56 Close coupling DMUs - an Addenda

Following on rather quickly from my last Post I can see that there is far more interest in Bachmann’s newer Cravens than their earlier Class 108s.



Cravens (top) Class 108 (bottom)



To prevent buffer locking on Peco Medium Radius points the Cravens appear to need an extra millimetre separation compared to the Class 108.

"Mind the Gap" - Cravens.


My Cravens do not get much use and hence I have not studied them quite as much as the Class 108s.  I have been puzzling - “Why the difference in behaviour?”  Actually it is quite obvious:



“Eyes left – eyes right”



The Bachmann Class 108s have larger diameter buffers than the Bachmann Class 105s – which helps prevent buffer locking on tight curves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No.123 Chocolate and Cream and BR1s – the Replica Railways Restaurant Buffet

No. 163 Hornby’s new A2/2 and A2/3

No. 166 A tale of two Hornby Super Detail ‘Britannias’, plus a Clan (Postscript)